GSES Sketchup for PV Systems Course
Take your PV design abilities to the next level with the GSES Sketchup for PV Systems course. Design commercial and industrial PV systems using real sites to simulate module spacing, shading and roof obstacles.
You will learn to:
- Use Near maps, Google maps and Sketchup’s inbuilt location function
- Use Sketchup tools to create a realistic view of existing buildings including all features of the roof
- Correctly place PV modules on the roof
- Perform Shading analysis to optimise your system design
- Create AC and DC SLDs to include in your reports
- Create professional site plans and string layouts
- Use the flyover video tool to impress your clients
- Export your SketchUp data to use in AutoCAD and PvSYST
You’ll need to have knowledge of how to design a solar PV system, and have access to a trial/full version of SketchUp. If don’t know how to design solar systems yet, start with our Grid Connected PV Systems Course.
This course is estimated to take 3 hours to complete. This is a self-paced course with a 1-year access duration. You can work through as fast or as slowly as you like, and refer back to the course during the duration period. The delivery is done online primarily through videos with the support of quizzes and written notes.
Please read the essential Course Information and Policies before purchasing this course.