Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Edinburgh and are currently looking for 2 x Junior Operations Project Managers for our Wind.
Junior Operations Project Manager for Wind
- With support of the wider team and senior members you will grow to perform the following duties.
- Support the Lead Project Manager in managing a portfolio of wind farms and ensuring successful delivery of the BayWa Operations Management scope of services, including site visits when required
- Ensure that all OM works are undertaken in accordance with the agreed contractual scope.
- First point of contact for clients on issues in the projects with responsibility for organising regular update calls and producing monthly reports. Fostering secure and good relations with key stakeholders
- Participate in the adoption and integration of new projects into operations, verifying routine HSQE and technical audits of wind sites assets and operations
- Identification, selection and management of local companies to undertake works.
- Ensure works are organised to maximise performance and safe operation of the plant.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out under the approved UK HSE system and/or in compliance with other industry rules and regulations including WTSR and CDM Regulations.
- Ensure that all local requirements are arranged, e.g. site inductions and inspections, either through the coordination of a local site manager or personally.
- Assist with regulatory issues on behalf of the client, e.g. communication with local authorities. Compliance with planning conditions.
- This role is entry level and will suit a recent graduate or someone setting out on their career in renewables with a background in Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Understanding of Technical Asset Management and the management of contracts.
- Basic understanding of wind turbine technology and operations
- Customer-oriented along with excellent IT skills/ incl. Microsoft Office
- Understanding of UK HSQE legislation
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on safety.
- Naturally well prepared and organised, able to deal with competing priorities, manage a diverse workload and meet targets and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively influence and negotiate at various levels
- Due to the nature of the role there is a requirement for a valid driving license
- Desirable: Programming for the analysis of technical data, valid HSE qualification and Project Management qualification
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.